Alternative license to start a solar energy system

Alternative Solar Energy System

The Gen3-licensed high-performance PV system produces more heat and power than existing solar panels.

In recent years, researchers at the University of Arizona and the James S. Wint College of Optical Sciences have been developing and improving a highly efficient photovoltaic system that produces more heat and energy from sunlight than current solar panel models. Does.

Most PV systems today use flat panel solar panels which, while active, are relatively inefficient in their ability to capture and convert solar energy. The UArizona technology, originally invented by Roger Engel, professor of astronomy and optical sciences, uses large mirrors that focus sunlight onto small multi-junction solar cells, making light a highly efficient process. The source converts energy into energy as the magnifier focuses sunlight onto a small spot.

The technology has now been licensed to launch Gen3, which aims to develop PV modules for commercial and industrial use.

Company founder David Willey, who was born in Georgia, an Eastern European country, came to the United States in 1992 to pursue a business degree. While visiting a monastery in Arizona, he visited the UArizona showcase in the College of Biosphere Science 2 and saw the invention. He met with the researchers behind the project and eventually bought a photovoltaic unit for the monastery, providing it with an independent electrical system.

“I went to the monastery to buy this [technology] so they could have an independent solar system,” Willie said. “[The monastery] has 50 monks who live in the desert. These are wonderful, wonderful people who devoted their lives to worship and did not say all the worldly happiness that we receive. That’s why we all go there. Yes, we try to help as much as we can.

Willy recognized the potential for commercialization, and his involvement in the monastery launched Gen3.

Gen3 is currently finalizing the design and ensuring that the technology works in a variety of environments and climates. The company also develops service mechanisms and user protocols.

“We’re using the monastery as a training ground,” Willie said. “We’re making the system easy to use and durable – it’s one thing to control air and dust particles in electronics. Another thing is to control the monsoons.”

He continued: “We’re spending about 80% of our time in the next six months to make sure the bolts on this technology are tight, and the system is working. For the remaining 20%, my team and I. I want to innovate. . I don’t think it’s enough to stick with what you have. I think it’s important to try to take the next step. We are currently working on a prototype, and I am sure there will be more to come.

The company is now working with various researchers and universities to integrate technologies and develop potential applications for the system, from creating clean alternative energy to making drinking water widely available. Up to.

“There are researchers using solar generators to split water into hydrogen, so one of the potential uses for our technology is not just direct electricity generation, but also hydrogen,” Wiley said. “Hydrogen is a very clean energy that we can use instead of fossil fuels. Other researchers with whom we work closely capture CO2 and convert it back into fuel.

Tech Launch works with Arizona, the commercialization arm of UArizona, Vili was able to confidently work on Gen3 and says he couldn’t be more proud of his experience with TLA.

“We’re excited to see Gen3 move this technology forward,” said Rahi Gibbons, TLA’s Director of Licensing. “More than ever, we need alternative energy solutions and this invention is a great option for the solar industry.”

Willie said, “The reason I got into [Gen3] was because of TLA. I knew I had support and strong support from TLA. I’m lucky enough to work closely with the team and I love seeing all the energy. Everyone is passionate. And brings unique skills – you couldn’t ask for anything better.

In this first phase, the company is piloting its technology in a monastery with 15 units. After that, they want to build a large factory and complete a monastery setup with about 160 units, which will give Gen3 full research.

In a third phase over the next three to five years, Gen3 plans to work with a wide range of public and private customers to implement solar projects in the United States and eventually abroad.

“I think the technology has a lot of potential,” Wiley said. “Look at what we’re doing to the Earth with all the climate change. There is energy. So let’s use it.”

Leave a Comment